Saturday, December 4, 2010

Three days fast

So it's been about three weeks since I've last posted but they've been pretty good. We had a really intense class called inner healing and the plumb line. This class was all about looking into ourselves and our own personalities and trying to clean out all of the junk and sins that we've been carrying around for years, needless to say it was a lot of work for everyone. To help us in the class the entire base had a three day fast which I was kind of dreading, but after we started  God did a ton of work in my life, and destroyed a lot of barriers that I had and at the end of the three days he spoke clearly to me and confirmed the work that he has for me.

On top of all of that stuff we've been gearing up for our outreach. We've been divided into two teams: Team Peru, and Team Argentina. I'm on Team Argentina with Moises and Genesis from Ecuador, Philip and Selina from Ghana, Lillian from Brazil, and Carol and Gabby from Argentina. I will be the only American and the only person with English as a first language so it will be a lot of time fore spiritual and linguistic growth. We'll be doing a lot of work in northern Argentina with a lot of different churches and cities and for two weeks we'll come back to Puerta Madryn to help with Movida Madryn, which is an effort to get the youth in this city to think of Christianity outside of the church and start putting their faith into action.I'm really excited for this time.

In the midst of all of this me and the other Americans, Charlie and David, and our Venezuelan friend Pablo, got to the base pretty late one night so our consequence was that we couldn't leave the base on the next weekend which happened to be right after thanksgiving. So we decided the only thing we could do was to have a Thanksgiving dinner at the base while everyone else was in town. And I must say Pablo didn't know much about thanksgiving before but he loves it now. We were able to have 2 kilos of fried potatoes, bread with dolce con leche, a cake, and a big chicken leg for each of us with juice for about $10 US dollars all together. A lot of food, not a lot of money, and a lot of fellowship spent cooking, eating and, cleaning together, I think we turned our consequence into a pretty good day.

I'm looking forward to the outreach, but I'm also looking forward to coming home afterward and doing more work with the churches in Norwood. I would love to see the city be on fire with the Holy Spirit, and I feel like God is giving me a lot of ideas, but as our volunteer from Michigan, Lucas says "We have to stop talking about what we're going to do and start doing it." I think I'm ready to take that challenge. 

                                                                            Ephesians 4:22-24
                                                                              -Matt Hursh

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear it was chicken instead of pigeons for Thanksgiving dinner.
    It sounds like you are having such a life changing experience and I'm so glad - but we definitely miss you here at home.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete