Sunday, December 12, 2010

Renewal

As some of you may remember in my last blog I posted about a three day fast that we had about a month ago, well guess what... we had another one! Two people in the base received words from God about another three day fast and it was announced without them even talking to each other. And the focus of this fast was about renewal and faith. For the first few days we focused all on renewal of our minds and on putting off everything that was hindering us from going deeper in our spiritual walk with God, and putting on the things of God (Ephesians 4:22-24), but the last day was all about praying with expectancy. We focused on the scripture in 1 Kings 14:42-44 and we split into seven groups each to pray for a specific thing that we feel God has in store for us in the next year and we prayed seven times throughout the day believing the God is faithful to his people and that he will provide. It was a really good time for deeping my own prayer life and sharing in the community of my brothers and sisters.

In addition to all of that this week has been a lot of fun with us starting to decorate the base for Christmas, celebrating the 17th anniversary of our directors, and I got to be on the student lead worship team on Saturday, which made me realize how much I miss playing my bass. We also had Wednesday off because our base was sponsoring the womens day of faith in Puerta Madryn  in which 80 women attended. It was a day for Prayer, Workshops, and Fellowship, for most, but for David, Miguel, Paul, and Myself, it was a day of digging a giant whole at our new property. My hands are torn up but we had a lot of fun and we were able to dig a hole for the bathrooms of the future staff houses about 1 meter deep and 2 meters wide.

Aside from all the work and all the fasting all of us students have been preparing for our outreach and I'm getting extremely excited. Preaching the Gospel all day everyday sounds extremely good to me. We'll be leaving the day after Christmas and returning at the end of February. So, I just can't wait.

                                                                               Hebrews 11:1
                                                                                -Matt Hursh 

No comments:

Post a Comment