Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting ready

      Hello, my name is Matt Hursh, and I'm an international missionary from Norwood, Ohio. I have been serving in international missions since I was sixteen when I started going to Haiti. Haiti was the first time I really got to see a new perspective of the world with my own eyes, it was the first time that I could look around as a christian and see that the mission was clear. Here are people with a need, fill that need, and teach them about what they never even knew they needed. I only spent a week in Haiti on each of my three separate trips, but in that short amount of time I felt a huge connection to the mission field and to serving God wherever he asks me to go, which has led me to where I am today.


      Right now I'm getting ready for my next mission to Puerto Madryn, Argentina which is in the southern region of Argentina. There I'll be working with a group called Youth With A Mission(YWAM). I'll be in Argentina for three months and then we'll move to Peru for two months. This will be the longest I've ever been away from home and I don't know anyone that I'll be staying with, but while I'm a little nervous I'm also extremely excited to start the discipleship course and spend time developing my faith while working with others to spread the word, because while I'm in Puerto Madryn I'll be taking a three month course called Discipleship Training School(DTS), and this course is designed to challenge students to dive deeper into their faith and to ask the right questions about God, while still working towards furthering his kingdom. This is one of the reasons I chose to do missions through YWAM, they'll help me get to wherever God calls me and they'll train me to do the work that he puts on my heart.

      I'm extremely blessed to have this chance to serve God,who has been so faithful to me that even with the cost of this trip being so expensive, totaling about $5,000, he has provided people in my life to cover that cost. Between the generous donations of Grace Untied Methodist, Zion United Church of Christ, and friends and family I'm only spending a a couple hundred dollars out of pocket.

     My hope is that on this trip I can develop a closer relationship to God while leading others to discover their own path with God, and that I can come back even more ready to serve. God bless.

                                                                                                      
                                                                                           2 Tim. 1:7
                                                                                          Matt Hursh
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment